What I Used:
- Rocket template (from buggyandbuddy.com)
- Straws of two different circumferences
- Safeway had thin ones and Dollar Tree had wider ones, so this was surprisingly both easy and cheap
- Clear tape
- Glue dots
- Clear party bags
- OPTIONAL: sticker paper and instructions label
(1) Print and cut out rocket from template. We used cardstock and had very good luck with these staying sturdy after significant use.
(2) Cut wider straw into small lengths, closing one end with clear tape.
(3) OPTIONAL: place undecorated cardstock rocket, wider straw piece, thin straw, and glue dot in clear party bag. Fold one end of bag over and secure with instructions label printed on sticker paper. Use as favors, set out with crayons, etc. Feel free to use our sign here.
(4) Decorate cardstock rocket with crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
(5) Attach decorated rocket to wide straw piece with glue dot.
(6) Insert thin straw into wide straw piece and blow rocket into the air!
For other space-themed ideas, please check out Once Upon a Galaxy: An Astronaut Princess Birthday!