Growing up, my mom would make the most delicious vegetable soup at least once a year. She’d freeze it for later, bring it camping, up to the mountains, etc. It was a staple in our home during the winter months, and with fresh bread, it was a real treat! When I was starting my own home, I asked her for the recipe (which was an unwritten, off-the-cuff concoction), and this is what she developed. It is surprisingly easy and consistently good!!! Hope you enjoy!
What I Used:
- Stew meat (1 package from Costco)
- Beef bouillon (enough for 8 cups of water)
- 64 oz water
- 128 oz V8 tomato juice
- 1 onion
- 2 lbs frozed mixed vegetables
- Bay leaf
- To taste:
- Dried parsley
- Brown stew meat
- Chop onion
(1) Put water in an extra large pot with beef bouillon over medium heat until incorporated.
(2) Add remaining ingredients.
(3) Cook on medium heat until vegetables softened.
(4) Simmer on low heat until desired taste (30 min – 1 hour).
(5) Serve or let cool and store in labeled freezable bags.