What I Used:
- 1 nine inch partially pre-baked pie crust
- 1 cup reg brown sugar
- 1 cup light Karo corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups pecans + perfect halves for top
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Place 2 cups of pecans in food processor and chop coarsely.
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
(2) Remove from heat and add nuts and vanilla. Stir to combine.
(3) Add slightly beaten eggs, combine.
(4) Pour filling into prepared pie crust. Place reserved “perfect half” pecans around pie, starting at the edge and working in.
(5) Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted cleanly. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Make Ahead: At this point, the pie may be frozen for up to 3 months. First, wrap in cling wrap, then in aluminum foil.
Here’s the tutorial for the Fall Plate Charger.
For more Thanksgiving Recipes, please check out this post on our Evolving Thanksgiving!