What I used:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- One 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Dash paprika
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Mince or press garlic.
(1) Combine tahini and lemon juice in food processor. Process for 1 minute until smooth (will still be a bit sticky).
(2) Add garlic, olive oil, cumin, and salt. Process for 1 minute.
(3) Slowly add chickpeas while processing.
(4) Add water gradually until reach consistency desired.
(5) Serve topped with olive oil and paprika.
Storing tips: You may refrigerate humus in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 4 months (just make sure you use a thin layer of olive oil on the top of your to-be-frozen humus).