What I Used:
- 8 small Idaho potatoes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup half-half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Green onion for garnish
(1) Wash, peel potatoes.
(2) Quarter potatoes, place in large pot.
(3) Barely cover with water, cover, bring to a boil on high heat, turn down to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes. A fork should be able to pass cleanly through the potato.
(4) Drain and re-pot.
(5) Add butter and mash with pastry cutter, potato masher, or fork. Gradually add half-half until reach desired consistency.
(6) Add salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
(7) Garnish with torn green onion and serve.
For more Thanksgiving Recipes, please check out this post on our Evolving Thanksgiving!