What I used:
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime (plus extra if storing before serving)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Halve, peel, and pit avocados, retaining the pits if storing before serving.
- Juice lime.
- Dice onion, jalepeno, and tomatoes.
- Mince cilantro and garlic (or press garlic).
(1) Using a potato masher or pastry cutter, mash avocados, lime juice, cumin, and cayenne together.
(2) Fold in onions, jalepeno, garlic, and cilantro.
(3) Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
- When tasting guacamole for heat, wait until after this 1 hour timeframe as the spices won’t fully seep into the recipe until then
- If waiting for longer than 1 hour to serve, depress pits in guacamole, cover with additional 1 Tbsp lime juice, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. When prepared this way, I have had guacamole remain green for up to 3 days.