These green beans are absolutely delicious! They can be served immediately or prepared ahead of time (follow steps 1-3 and store for 1-2 days before finishing).
What I Used:
- 1.5 lbs fresh green beans
- 5 strips thick-cut bacon
- Garlic salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Wash green beans, snap ends off, and cut down to preferred size.
- Steam green beans until crispy tender (we went with 3 minutes with the microwave).
- Cook bacon just enough so that it is “cooked” but not crispy (45 seconds per side).
- Prep remaining ingredients for drizzling.
(1) Place green beans in an oven-safe container and sprinkle with 3-4 passes of garlic salt and 1/2 brown sugar.
(2) Break bacon into large chunks and lay on top and bury among green beans.
(3) Use remaining brown sugar to cover.
If cooking for Thanksgiving dinner, these green beans will store, covered for 1-2 days.
(4) On day of serving, drizzle with melted butter.
(5) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
For more Thanksgiving Recipes, please check out this post on our Evolving Thanksgiving!