When trying to decide how to invite our guests to John Jr.’s second birthday, we loved the ideas of tickets! Using the basic premise from last year when we developed a sports’ ticket invitation, I modified bits and pieces to come up with a train ticket! If you’d like a more basic version to change as you will via computer or hand, here’s a printable.
What I used:
- Card stock paper
- Coordinating color card stock paper
- Silhouette program (or anything similar: Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or even PowerPoint or Word could work)
- Silhouette machine
(1) Make a rectangle (5.5” x 2.5”).
(2) Add two blue (0057C7) rectangles (0.85″ x 2.5″) and two red (AA0013) rectangles (0.1″ x 2.5″).
(3) Determine what sort of train or dye-cut you’d like to use and insert for resizing after adding text.
(5) Now it’s time for the text!
- Fonts used:
- IFC Railroad (available here)
- Snell Roundhand (cursive)
- Garamond (months and dates)
(6) Print the tickets on your cardstock, cut them out (either by hand or by machine like Silhouette or similar).
(7) Cut out coordinating color paper at 6″ x 3″ and adhere tickets to coordinating color paper. Punch out or mark date as you desire.
Send off to your friends!!!
If you’d like a fun sticker to put on the outside of an envelope, check these out!
For other train party ideas, come see Chugga, Chugga, TWO TWO!
For another fun ticket invitation idea, check out Sports Ticket Invitation Tutorial!