What I used:
- 2 candy canes
- 1 six-foot roll of lace
- 1 tsp fabric stiffener
- 1 tsp water
- plastic gloves
- wax paper
- disposable plate
(1) Cut roll of lace into two pieces.
(2) Put on gloves, and mix 1 tsp fabric stiffener with 1 tsp water on your disposable plate. Thoroughly coat one lace piece in the mixture, ringing out excess.
(3) Slowly thread candy cane through larger holes in the lace (I’m going through every other one here).
(4) Once you’ve threaded the entire piece of lace, carefully space the lace on the candy cane evenly.
(5) Place on the wax paper to dry.
For a mess-free project, you can forgo the fabric stiffener entirely. The fabric stiffener helps keep the lace in place, so if you choose not to use it, I would suggest hot-gluing the lace onto the ends of the candy cane.