Yield: 2 horses (roughly)
What I used:
- Candy cane
- Candy Cane Horse Template
- Red and green felt (9×12 sheets)
- 7mm google eyes
- Tinsel “ribbon”
- Hot glue gun
(1) Print template, trace onto felt, and cut out pieces.
(2) Place one horse head down and hot glue the mane in place. Trim if desired.
(3) Hot glue second horse head on top of mane-head piece. Make sure to leave the neck of the head pieces unattached.
(4) Cut into mane for fringe-like hair (make sure to hold back the ears).
(5) Hot glue google eyes.
(6a) Cut 17″ of the tinsel ribbon.
(a) Put horse on top of tinsel ribbon.
(b) Fold top end down the horse (as a rein) and secure just underneath the horse’s muzzle.
(c) Take bottom end and loop around horse’s muzzle as bridle, secure with hot glue to other end of the ribbon and to the felt horse head.
(d) Twist or tie the top section to form a loop.
(6b) If you want to tie a bow, you will need 19″ of ribbon and assemble like this:
(a) Place ribbon under horse’s chin, with both ends pointing upwards.
(b) Take the end under the horse and fold it over and around the horse’s muzzle.
(c) Take the same end and bring it under the horse’s face as the other rein, meeting up with the top end to tie a bow.
(7) To insert the candy cane, start with the crook of the cane at an angle and slide the top of the candy cane into the horse head