Whether you’re trying to use every last component of that Halloween pumpkin or would really like to try “real” pumpkin pie this year, pumpkin puree is easy to make and incredibly versatile! Here’s how I process my pumpkins into beautiful, orange mush for my personal favorites of cookies, muffins, and pie!
What I Used:
- 3 Wee Bee pumpkins (I have used large pumpkins before to great effect, but these pictures are from small pumpkins).
- Optional: small amount of water
(1) Cut tops off of pumpkins.
(2) Cut in half and remove all seeds and stringy bits (reserve seeds for toasting).
(3) Cut in half again and place on baking sheet.
(4) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
(5) Scrape soft interior away from the skin and place in a blender or food processor.
(6) Process with a small amount of water (if necessary) until reaches a smooth consistency.
Use on your various pumpkin recipes!!!
Here are some of my favorites:
Iced pumpkin cookies (from allrecipes.com)
Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting (from sixsistersstuff.com)