What I Used:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Coloring (8-10 drops of liquid food coloring or gel coloring)
- Optional: glitter
(1) Combine all of the ingredients (except the optional glitter) in a medium saucepan.
(2) Stir over medium heat. When the ingredients start to come together add optional glitter.
(3) Continue stirring over medium heat until lump begins to form (picture). Over low heat, form loose ball (doesn’t have to be perfect, but I like to make sure that it’s fully and uniformly “cooked” before removing from the heat).
(4) Remove from heat, knead on wax paper, and store in an air tight container.
We LOVE this recipe for play-doh. It can be stored in an air tight container for at least a year (I found some after a birthday party, and it was still good 382 days after I made it!)